Say, you have a scanner connected to a USB port of computer 1, and you need to connect computer 2 to it. How do you do it?
Even if the computers are located next to each other, physically disconnecting the scanner’s USB cable from computer 1 and connecting it to computer 2 is not the best solution to the problem. Things become even more complicated if your computers are far away from each other. Read on to find out how you can solve the problem.
USB Network Gate is a software application that enables sharing a USB device over network.
This is how it works:
- Download the application from the developer’s official website. Install it on all computers that need shared access to the device.
- On the computer to which the device is attached, launch the application. This will display a list of USB devices connected to the system, locate the one you need and click “Share�? next to it.
- Now the shared device is displayed in the app’s windows on other computers. They can connect to it using ‘Connect’ button.
It is possible to add a password to protect the device from unauthorized access and add a compression feature for data transfer. You can also change the port to which the device is connected.
- The app supports all popular plaftorms – Windows, Mac, Linux and Android.
- The app is compatible with various types of USB devices, scanners included.
- 14-day free trial version allows you to check out the functionality before purchasing the application.
- Support service is available to you round the clock.
- There is a license fee to be paid for using the application.